Volunteers are the driving force of Just Speak.
Opportunities for Volunteers:
- Marketing efforts
- Recruitment of participants
- Co-lead a session
- Social media mindful moments content
- Support the design/build of participants’ RESTORE kits
- Support and attend MOVE Festival
New volunteers go through orientation training and our trauma & resiliency centered advocacy training. Our volunteers will be able to perform the following duties:
- Academic Support Team & Movement Therapy Team: Volunteers may help with supporting and instructing youth through play, art and movement based activities and therapy. They may also facilitate groups, serve on panels, and conduct workshops.
- Administration: Volunteers may help with mailings, clerical duties, and errands.
- Events: Volunteers may be social media experts or help with event tasks such as registration, set up and break down or serve on the fundraising event committee.
A prospective candidate should have high energy, a passion for advocating for child survivors, and a creative spirit. Our volunteers must be able to follow directives and be self-starters able to plan events and recruit team members. Our advocates must be comfortable speaking before groups of all sizes.
Volunteers must complete Just Speak, Inc. training. They are monitored and evaluated. Regardless of prior training, a Just Speak volunteer must adhere to Just Speak, Inc program guidelines, policies and mission.
Qualifications: Must be willing and able to work in urban settings and with diverse ethnicities and cultural backgrounds. MUST HAVE A DHS CLEARANCE PRIOR TO STARTING or letter of reference, if out-of-state.
To apply to become a volunteer at Just Speak, please complete this online application. Click here.
TO APPLY: Please complete the online application found here
Need More Information?
- Check us out at https://sharedetroit.org/nonprofit/just-speak-incorporated to learn more about our current opportunities
For more information, please email email@example.com.