SPONSORS MAKE AN IMPACT!
Help us continue our FREE program outreach throughout Metro-Detroit community centers, schools and facilities. More than 50% of Just Speak program participants are surviving abuse or neglect. The outLOUD program takes an average of 40 hours a week to empower youth to have a voice by teaching coping skills, ways to resolve conflicts, and developing an emotionally healthy individual.
Lending a voice through programming raises the odds AGAINST child sexual abuse (CSA)! In 2015, of the 37,000 cases of CSA reported in Michigan, only 16% went to court*. With over 2 million children in Michigan, and an estimation of 1 in 4 children being abused before the age of 18 , over 250,000 go unreported. Advocacy for our young victims changes those numbers, by preventing and intervening with programs and training.
BECOME A SPONSOR
There are many ways you can help advance the mission of Just Speak, Incorporated and make a difference in the lives within our communities we serve. You can do any of the following:
Volunteer to become a member of the Just Speak Advocacy Team, or help out with administrative tasks or special events
- Donation of money, goods or services
We desperately need:
- Donated heated space for peer groups, workshops and study time.
- A reliable, late model SUV to transport volunteers, supplies, and equipment to satellite locations.
- Sponsorship for programming and events .
- Sponsorship for youth participants (when programs are in session): healthy snacks, incentives, tee shirts, and toiletries.
- Just Speak 5K Walk/Run
- Celebrity Cook-Off
- A Major Event Hosted/Sponsored by Your Organization to Benefit Just Speak
*Data is taken from https://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/child-maltreatment-2015