Just Speak is an advocacy that offers trauma informed education and provides resiliency programming for youth ages 3 to 17 years. Since 2003, Just Speak has held the survivor story as the connector for a network of trained advocates from a variety of disciplines. We believe that prevention, intervention, and awareness building based in sensory play and creative expression leads to healthy socio-emotional skills, and ultimately, to a life of resiliency.
Our Statement on Racism and Discrimination
Just Speak maintains our position to celebrate the individual and collective uniqueness of the races, cultures, and genders that exists among those we serve, those that reside in our communities, and throughout the world. We believe in and practice equitable treatment and opportunities for all of mankind, which includes the healing and trauma-informed programs, training and services we provide to the community.
Bringing a mix of play and researched interventions alive, Just Speak empowers young people with resiliency skills, building trauma-informed schools and healthier communities.
- We believe that when youth find their own voice they can advocate for themselves and others.
- We believe that youth are agents for positive change in their community.
- We believe that every youth has a right to a safe space.
- We believe that youth can reinvent themselves in the face of trauma in a way that both builds skills and celebrates life.
- We believe that survivors are lighthouses whose stories shatter silence and serve as universal messages of strength.
- We believe in a world where youth can still believe they are magic-makers and superheroes while reshaping who they will become.
Every child has the opportunity to thrive, immersed in a trauma-informed culture of healing-centered services.
Leave a Reply